Join us for these upcoming events!
Early Childhood Expo
Saturday, April 22 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Chambersburg Recreation Center, 235 S. Third St.
Families with young children are invited to attend the free Early Childhood Expo. The event will provide information for families about early childhood development, educational providers and resources as well as fun and educational activities for children.
Early childcare and preschool providers are welcome to reserve exhibit space at the expo. There will also be free provider training and introductory sessions from Southwest Regional Key – Keystone STARS throughout the day. Keystone STARS is Pennsylvania’s program to improve the quality of childcare. To secure exhibit space, contact Vanessa Bigler at email@example.com or 717-262-0015 by March 15.
Special Thanks to Our Presenting Sponsor:
#HuntUnited Scavenger Hunt
Saturday, April 29
Scavenger Hunt begins at 3:30 p.m.
Carnival After Party begins at 6 p.m.
Get ready to have some fun and make a difference in our community at the #HuntUnited Scavenger Hunt followed by a carnival-themed after party! Proceeds benefit education, health and financial services for those in need in Franklin County.
What is a County-wide Scavenger Hunt? Glad you asked! It’s the chance for you and some friends / family / co-workers to get together and have some fun searching throughout the county for a chance to win prizes. All for a good cause!
1. First, recruit some of your favorite people to form a team (make sure you can all legally fit in one car!).
2. Register your team. Registration is just $70 per team.
3. Get fired up for the friendly competition! Teams will be sent more details prior to the event, but you can start brainstorming ideas like team costumes, decorating your scavenger hunt vehicle and sharing why you #HuntUnited.
4. Arrive at your designated starting point (which will be emailed to you in advance) by 3:30 p.m. on Saturday, April 29.
5. At 4 p.m. on Saturday, April 29, open your packet with your #HuntUnited Scavenger Hunt list and begin your journey! You’ll be asked to pick up items, take photos at specific locations, ask people to do fun things for your team and more. There is even a “One & Done” prize worth BIG points!
6. Return to the Carnival After Party by 6:30 p.m. to see if you’ve earned enough points to win the GRAND PRIZE of $500!
#HuntUnited Carnival After Party
6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Wilson College’s Laird Hall, 1015 Philadelphia Ave.
The Scavenger Hunt is ending but the party is just getting started! Bring family and friends to enjoy carnival games, food and entertainment while continuing to raise money to benefit local education, health and financial services for those in need. Everyone is welcome, whether you participated in the Scavenger Hunt or not.
Carnival After Party Schedule:
6 p.m. Doors open, games and food begin!
7:30-8:15 p.m. Live music by Devin Fields
8:15-8:45 p.m. #HuntUnited Winners Announced!
8:45-10 p.m. Live music by a Ding
Tickets are $20 per individual or $30 per couple. Purchase tickets Online, by calling 717-262-0015, or stop by the office at 182 S. Second Street, Chambersburg, PA 17201.
May of Caring
All month long!
Looking for community service projects? We’ve got you covered! All month long United Way hosts May of Caring, a county-wide initiative to provide businesses, organizations and individuals an opportunity to give back to their communities. We connect volunteer groups to local non-profits to complete service projects ranging from downtown street/stream clean-up to painting and more.
Non-profits: Submit your Community Service Project. Contact Vanessa Bigler at 717-262-0015 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are currently no events. Please check back.